LPX 10.6 Movie start time problems

sg335man

Hello, I wonder if anybody can shed any light on QT movie start times changing every time I load my project? I have to go back into Project Settings Movie and re-set the movie start time or first frame of video 00:00:00:00. I have a offset, set to measure 2 or bar 2 in the Synchronisation window settings. When I re-load the file or project to work on it again the Movie setting which should be the first frame 00:00:00:00 but defaults to the bar 2 offset? This was a problem in Logic Pro 9 when minimised the movie from the arranged window and placing it in the inspector. So annoying. I like to see a count off so setting bar 2.1.11...Thanks Don H

In general, no one uses 00:00:00:00 as a start time. I don't know if this has anything to do with your issues, but you might try the industry standard of 01:00:00:00 as your start time. I use video all the time and don't have this issue, both with LP9 and LPX.

I'm sure you're already doing this, but when you open the movie, be sure to save the screen set to lock it in so there's no reloading when changing screen sets.

Thanks for your advise. I will try and re-edit in FCPX to 01:00:00:00 start time. Its the way I was sent the video. Why should the hour start time change anything its the digital world? Locking screen sets makes no difference! Have you tried change the measure to 2 or 3 in the sync window project settings? The default measure is 1? Cheers Don H

Using 01:00;00;00 stems from the old days where we needed preroll on tape machines and VTRs and the synchronizers would often protest when they had to roll across 23:59:59;29… or whatever was the last frame before 00:00:00:00

I have not messed with the bar offset screen in the sync project settings. I see that that may be a solution to occasional offset issues I've had… but I don't see why it would mess with your project's offset. I'm still learning things on LPX so, I may run into a similar issue.

Keep us informed.

dan