Logic Pro X Hangs when opening a project

Jharwood93

NOTE: I posted this exact thread on apples main website, but it has pictures related to the problem so please follow this link if you are interested in seeing what is actually happening with screenshots.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5797868?tstart=0

Hey everyone! I have had an on-going problem for weeks with Logic Pro X that I can't figure out so I'm going to go into deep detail on what I have done and what hasn't worked to solve this issue. I have posted this problem on many different forums including this one and noone has responded or said anything about it so hopefully going into greater detail will help solve this.

Issue: Whenever I load my larger projects, Logic Pro X will load the project then get stuck about 3/4 the way through the load bar and will just hang while being "non-responsive".

Here is what I have tried to fix this problem:

- I first assumed it had to do with my 3rd party plug-ins. I currently only own 2. They are Guitar Rig 5 Pro and Addictive Drums. In this particular project, I used Guitar Rig 5 Pro on 8 different tracks and Addictive drums is used on 1 track. The project has a total of around 12 tracks with another 10 or so Aux Tracks added to that. When ever the 2 projects that I am having trouble with load up, they both get stuck on Guitar Rig related things. Here is the weird part. I went into Audio Units and disabled Guitar Rig 5 Pro and it worked perfectly. So that should be the fix right? Well out of curiosity, I disabled just Addictive drums and the project also loaded up perfectly with all 8 Guitar Rig 5 Pro tracks.

- My next assumption was that my computer was maxed out. I have 8 GB of RAM and a very basic CPU. After downloading a few RAM/CPU monitoring devices and throughly looking at activity monitor, I have seen the CPU only peak at around 30% usage and i have around 3-4 GB of ram left over.

- The Project is able to be loaded up with Core Audio disabled

- If I import the project into a brand new project and then save the new project under a different name, it will still not load.

- I have contacted Apple directly. They had no idea what the issue was and they were as confused as I have been. They suggested I contact any 3rd party plug-in developers and ask about this issue.

- I have tried contacting the 3rd party plug-in companys and none have responded to calls or emails/support tickets.

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled Logic Pro X and both of my 3rd party plugins multiple times. I have also wiped my Macbook Pro's harddrive and reinstalled IOS X. All plug-ins and Logic Pro X are updated the most recent version.

- The last thing i tried was to get a crash report. I tried leaving my computer on over night to see if Logic would eventually crash, but it never crashed.

My Computer is the following:

2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 13' Macbook Pro

Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz

8GB 1600MHz memory

256GB PCIe-based flash storage1

Intel Iris Graphics

Using OS X Mavericks 10.9.1

I am currently using a Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface.

Now with all of this information, what is the problem? I have only been using Logic for about 2 months now with a Macbook Pro that is also about 2 months old. I am definitely still new to Logic so I won't be suprised if there is something obvious that fixes this, but my roommate who has used Logic for close to 7 years has no idea whats going on. I would really appreciate any help in fixing this issue. It has completely stopped my music production because this happens right when I am close to finishing a song and that is pretty frustrating. Thank you so much for any help!