Loading an AUX channel strip setting

Syntho

I made a few different Aux channel strip settings for external FX in the mixer and saved them. When I tried saving it (via clicking on Settings on the Aux strip in the mixer), it defaulted me to the folder called Track. That didn't seem like the right folder so I created a new folder called FX Strips and put them in there.

They don't show up for some reason. When I move them into the Tracks folder it works though. But shouldn't this be saved in the Bus folder? What is that one for?

If I have those channel strip settings saved and in the Bus folder, I can only select that channel strip setting if it's an aux track that Logic created, but not one that I created myself.

The channel strip settings seem to save the I/O Utility's settings, but the bus isn't saved along with it.

If I could somehow get Logic to save the bus (as input) on an Aux track, that means all I'd have to do is create a new Aux, load up the setting on that Aux, then just send whatever from any track since I've already got my busses labeled in the I/O labels area.

If I have those channel strip settings saved and in the Bus folder, I can only select that channel strip setting if it's an aux track that Logic created, but not one that I created myself.

It doesn't matter who created the Aux channel strip. What matters is the input assignment of the channel strip. If it's assigned to audio inputs, you'll see the settings from the Tracks folder. If if the input is assigned to a bus, you'll see the settings from the Bus folder.

In Logic 9 for example, you could click the Setting button while holding down the option key and you could see and load the settings of all folders.

J.

And BTW Syntho, please click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

The problem is that for the saved Bus channel strips to show up, I have to actually have a bus assigned to the input first. The problem still remains though: when saving an aux channel strip, the bus input setting isn't saved along with it, only the I/O Utility settings.

I can get around it by just doing everything manually, I know, but I want to spoil myself :P I'd like the setup where I just press control-N, then click Setting on the Aux strip, load up a preset, then just send over any audio track to the bus as usual.

The problem is that for the saved Bus channel strips to show up, I have to actually have a bus assigned to the input first.

Yes, that's what I said in my previous post. :)

The problem still remains though: when saving an aux channel strip, the bus input setting isn't saved along with it

You need to save it as a patch instead of a channel strip setting if you want the routing to be saved also. You'll have to create a track in the tracks area for the Aux otherwise you won't be able to save it as a patch. You'll also need to have a track for the Aux in the tracks area to be able to load the patch from the Library.

385116460_ScreenShot2014-01-21at10_58_39.thumb.png.af6381493e50954684fe80d65b01a9b9.png

J.