Logic Overloading

TheBeef

Hey everybody, I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times, but I am having issues with overloading.

Heres my info. I am running on an iMac 27" (mc813).

Processor: 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5

Memory: 16 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Audio Interface: Saffire Pro 40

I record onto an external drive that runs at 7200RPM and is connected via firewire.

The problem I am having is that whenever I am recording, it will keep overloading at random spots. Sometimes within 2 measures, sometimes half way through the song. This is a huge pain in the ass since it wont keep the recording. I am using the Saffire to record my drums - 8 tracks at a time - and that seems to be where the issue is. But not always, and not with every song. So I am trying to figure out what the issue is. The project that is having the issues isn't exceptionally big in any way. Ill attach a photo for reference.

What the hell is the problem? It processes the audio just fine on other tracks. Sometimes I can actually get through a solid recording without an overload. Other times it'll overload almost instantly.

Any ideas?

560483310_ScreenShot2014-01-22at11_39_14AM.thumb.png.25f55a97005725b3820c410731b4d795.png

Hi,

I've been having the same problem on Logic pro 9 version 9.1.8 on my Macbook pro 2010 with OS X 10.8.5 with 2.4 GHz intel core i5

with 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 and a 750GB SATA Drive 7200 rpm

And with almost any session I open even without loading external plugins and working with no more than 5 audio tracks.

I cannot work and is driving me crazy!!

Did you get any answer or solution to this? and I have been through the buffer size and freezing tracks and all that…and is not helping

Help please!!

Thx.

Hi,

I've been having the same problem on Logic pro 9 version 9.1.8 on my Macbook pro 2010 with OS X 10.8.5 with 2.4 GHz intel core i5

with 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 and a 750GB SATA Drive 7200 rpm

And with almost any session I open even without loading external plugins and working with no more than 5 audio tracks.

I cannot work and is driving me crazy!!

Did you get any answer or solution to this? and I have been through the buffer size and freezing tracks and all that…and is not helping

Help please!!

Thx.

Are you recording to the system drive?

What interface are you using?