LPX consistently crashes w/ Flex Pitch edits in project

aaalbanese

One of my projects in Logic Pro X has been crashing about halfway through each time I attempt to listen to it from beginning to end, and also each time I try to bounce the project or even a single track from it. After a bit of experimentation, I discovered that my vocal tracks with flex pitch edits are the culprits. I saved a new version of the project, deleted these tracks, and instantly the problem went away (the new version still crashes when the vocal tracks remain in it). My guess is that these tracks somehow got corrupted. Fortunately I saved copies of the originals before editing them in flex pitch (LPX does not crash when playing back or bouncing the originals). However, I don't want to spend hours making these edits again if the same problem is going to keep happening. Has anyone else had this issue? Any tips?

I've searched around quite a bit on this forum and the apple support community, and spent about an hour on the phone with apple care support, all to no avail. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for resolving the issue.

Thank you!

Cool, thanks. That helps.

By the way, I figured out what was causing the crash. After looking a bit more closely at my flex pitch edits, I found out that a pitch bar had somehow gotten squeezed super tight against the adjacent one. Once I expanded this single pitch bar the crash stopped happening.

Edited by aaalbanese

I've got the same problem. When using Flex Pitch on a track with several regions based on multiple audiofiles, Logic Pro crashes frequently when playing the song (or also when bouncing it). But when I merge those regions together to a new single audio file, those crashes happen much less frequently.

The crashes look like following:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

abort() called

*** error for object 0x7fd9840ccc08: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Logic Pro X 10.0.6

Macbook Pro Retina 15' with OSX 10.9.1 with 16GB RAM

Alva Nanoface

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to add that I'm experiencing this issue on my system as well.

I'm simply trying to adjust the pitch of a few notes from a take in a take folder. This is only flex pitch being performed in the session. I've already edited the pitch, pitch drift and gain of several notes in this region... This one particular note, however, is repeatably crashing my session.

Is there any specific scenario which is triggering these crashes?

I've got to deliver these tracks on a deadline, so it looks like it's back to Melodyne for now...

Flex Pitch Crash.zip

Video & Crash Log