Protected Tracks

Jay Denson

You highlight a region on a protected track. So far so good. You try to execute anything with the track or region and Logic quite rightly tells you that you can’t. That’s OK. But you have to actually try to perform an action before you get the prompt. And you have to mouse up to cancel the prompt. A bit of a pain.

OK - you could be more on the case but, as someone who protects every gem until I need to manipulate it, and because I have other things to remember, I think it would be nice if you were prompted earlier.

How about when you click on a region in a protected track the region turns red? Or flashes? Or whatever?

Jay

How about when you click on a region in a protected track the region turns red? Or flashes? Or whatever?

That would be quite annoying if you need to select a region on a protected track for whatever reason (such as for copying and pasting the region onto another track).

I don't know, it makes sense to me to only get prompted when you actually try to do something that won't work, and not before when you do something "legal" such as selecting a region.

On the other hand, maybe protected tracks could look slightly grayed out to give kind of an indication that they're protected?