Upgrade from logic pro 8 to logic pro x

thegman50

I have a fairly active studio Bird Dog Records, and my main room has a 12.2 build iMac i7 3.4 ghz quad core, 16Gb ram. I have been using Logic Pro 8 for quite a while with (fortunately) no real problems to speak of. I have many plugins from UA and Waves that I live by with the unit. I want to upgrade to Logic pro x. First is this possible to jump this big, and if so are there problems with integrating with what I have already embedded with the system to work with Pro x. Thank you

thanx

gman

First, you have upgrade to OSX Mavericks. So there's an operating system change. Do a backup with Time Machine before you upgrade.

Mountain Lion is the minimum requirement for Logic X, but it's not available anymore and Mavericks is free.

Logic X is the full app, so it will reside with Logic 8.

Second, you have to update your UA and Waves plugs. Make sure they are compatible with Mavericks first.

Logic X is 64-bit plugins only. If you have any 32-bit only plugins, they're not gonna work right away. But you have to do a workaround.

Third, make sure the interface you have is Mavericks-ready.