fcb1010 to control "go to next marker"

EffettoNotte

Dear logic X users,

I am new to the mac world and logic. I have been using Cubase for years and recently I decided to switch to this new system.

I am trying to use logic both for recording and for live uses.

I am aware of the fact that there exsists a software called Mainstage for Live purposes, but since during live I only use the computer as a player for sequences (sending click to the drummer) without doing any live modification or sound generation, I was trying to use only logic for the moment.

On Cubase I used an fcb1010 to control and navigate thrugh the marker of a project.

I want to do the same here on logic. I manage to create the markers along the project, but I can't make the fcb1010 to work.

I tried to use it as a control surface, but I can't find a voice to define a generic control surface.

I tried to use the learn function on a volume command and it works, so the fcb1010 is seen by the system, but I am not able to set the "go to the next marker " fuction (on the keyboard it is a simple key combination like # + . ) but when i try to select manually the command in the editor, it is disabled.

What should I do??

I have a motu express, and the fcb1010 is connected to the midi in of the interface.

Thank you for any suggestion

I tried to use the learn function on a volume command and it works, so the fcb1010 is seen by the system, but I am not able to set the "go to the next marker " fuction (on the keyboard it is a simple key combination like # + . )

You can use the Learn function in the Key Commands window ("Learn New Assignment" button) to trigger key commands using a MIDI device (your FCB1010, for example). Just make sure the key command you want to control is selected before you click the assignment button.

J.

Use the KEY Command screen and at the bottom you will find the Learn New Assignment key.

Type 'go to' in the KEY Command search box and select the "Go to next marker' command, click the Learn New Assignment key, press a button on the FCB and you should be good to go ( to the next marker ).

Jordi types faster than i do. (the hook slows me down) :mrgreen:

I tried to do as both of you suggested, but I was not succesfull. then I tried again, going to control surface assignement setup, selecting "key command" under the "class" box and then pressing on "show".

It doesn't open anything (there should be a page where all the commands are listed).

i tried then to add a control surface ( a recording button one - even if I don't have it) and do the same. the page now opens.

I am able to select the command, use the learn function and press a pedal on the fcb. Now it is assigned.

Do you think that this is normal or it is a bug of the program?

Thank you!

952113536_controllersurface.thumb.png.48022bf867944b665ad8bba85f3f79a7.png

a screenshot of the control surface assignement setup

i tried then to add a control surface ( a recording button one - even if I don't have it)

You don't need to do that. What you have is a MIDI foot controller, not a control surface. Using the "Learn new assignment button" in the key commands window should be enough. Actually, by looking at your screen shot, the assignments look correct, they should just work.

Try quitting Logic and trashing this file:

Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs (keep in mind your user Library folder is hidden by default in Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks).

After trashing that file, open Logic and try making the assignments from the key commands window again.

J.