quantitaze

Elektrodomestik

i usually help as much as possible, but i am going to have RTFM you on this one.

then i will help.

page 43 and page 141 in Logic Pro Reference Manual.

i would think that would be the first place to look.

you will never get this app if you don't dig in and just research, and READ THE MANUAL.

TIP:

in the app if you click help in the main menu bar you will have the manual as pdf format. it will open in Preview. from there you can search your topics. very handy feature. there is even one for the Plug-ins that come with logic.

editbrain~!!

that's the best help for him~!!

Elektrodomestik~!!

U can also use the "Search" on this web page

there are a bunch of valuable answers and instructions~

if you wanna be really crazy for Logic pro

you might need well-organized training book in addition to manual,,,

Try "Apple Pro Training Series Book"

It'll help U a lot~!!

that's exactly what David (the guy who manages this place) teaches in class~!!

Good Luck~!!

• 8 months later...

I think I may have made a boo-boo, specifically with the use of the 'quantize engine' in the factory menu of the sample editor.

I was peeking around (I know, I know) at some of the functions trying to figure out if there was a way to tighten up a few small tempo issues with a live drum track, and now it appears I may be stuck with it!

I tried 'revert to saved', but it seems the audio file itself was altered and I am unable to 'undo' (from the sample editor undo list or any other).

All I wanted to do was TRY a quantitize setting or two and see what it did, but had no idea it would be permanent and I could not change it back!!!

Please help, if anyone has a solution I would love to hear it before I have to tell my best friend I just screwed up the drums on one of our songs!!!

I think I may have made a boo-boo, specifically with the use of the 'quantize engine' in the factory menu of the sample editor.

I was peeking around (I know, I know) at some of the functions trying to figure out if there was a way to tighten up a few small tempo issues with a live drum track, and now it appears I may be stuck with it!

I tried 'revert to saved', but it seems the audio file itself was altered and I am unable to 'undo' (from the sample editor undo list or any other).

All I wanted to do was TRY a quantitize setting or two and see what it did, but had no idea it would be permanent and I could not change it back!!!

Please help, if anyone has a solution I would love to hear it before I have to tell my best friend I just screwed up the drums on one of our songs!!!

And so, you've discovered that sample editing is often destructive in Logic.

There is nothing you can do to undo this (unless you have a backup of the audio files). It's a painful lesson to learn, but you won't get burned by it again, believe me!

I would recommend ALWAYS backing up audio files before you use the quantise feature.

Sorry, you're gonna have to re-record the parts if they're completely ballsed. Or, if there is similar content elsewhere in the track that *hasn't* been edited, try copying that over and replacing the bodged section.

Good luck!

Yes, from what I understand now, there is an option in the file menu of the sample editor itself called 'save as backup', and right below it the option to 'revert to backup'.

Just for kicks, in my situation I tried to 'revert to backup' (even though I hadn't created a backup) and it said 'file not found', and the name of the file it said it couldn't find was along the lines of 'audio#09.wav.dup' or something like that. Just the original file with the extension of 'dup'.

Thanks for the reply, but according to the Manual around page 500 it talks about destructive editing in the sample editor and I SHOULD be able to undo. But then it goes on to suggest (of course) the backup file feature in case of a random 'processing error' that might cause it to not work.

Oh well.

Yep, the sample editor itself is undo-able, but the quantise function is separate and not treated in the same way. It's a complete arse to find out afterwards (I know, I did a similar thing), but the manual doesn't always mention these little things...