How are folks driving a third monitor with Logic?

I just wondered how folks are driving a third monitor with Logic - I have a HD TV that I'd like to hook up by HDMI as well as my two Samsung SA450s which are using the two ports.

I should point out that I'm midway through a series that will last until the summer and I'm really reluctant to upgrade from my current software as it's all as stable as can be and I can't stand any nasty surprises until it's all over -

I'm on OSX 10.6.8 and running Logic 9.1.8 64 bit.

What's everyone using,

many thanks!

Barrie

Wow - thanks for the quick response, my bad on not finding this thread when I searched the forum, and also for not being specific about my system.

Mac Pro OSX 10.6.8 2x2.93 Ghz Quad Intel Xeon

16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

I have the one Mini Display, one VGA card GT120, second monitor connected to the Mini Display with a VGA adapter. The thing is, I really want to hook up a TV via HDMI, or at the very least USB, so I'm looking for a solution that will do that.

The other thread is really interesting though - many thanks - will read and absorb!

Barrie

Wow - thanks for the quick response

You're welcome.

Mac Pro OSX 10.6.8 2x2.93 Ghz Quad Intel Xeon

16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

I have the one Mini Display, one VGA card GT120, second monitor connected to the Mini Display with a VGA adapter. The thing is, I really want to hook up a TV via HDMI, or at the very least USB, so I'm looking for a solution that will do that.

I'm guessing you have an older model Mac Pro if you only have one mini display port and no DVI port?

Anyways, if this helps you in any way there are adaptors to adapt HDMI to Mini Display Port.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA824ZM/A/belkin-mini-displayport-to-hdmi-adapter

I think that might well do it for me!!

Sorry - I've gone a bit muso and got my connectors in a muddle - they aren't something I worry about everyday, I have DVi and Mini Display outs on the Mac!

I will report back!!

many thanks again!

B

I think that might well do it for me!!

Sorry - I've gone a bit muso and got my connectors in a muddle - they aren't something I worry about everyday, I have DVi and Mini Display outs on the Mac!

Well, then you're good to go if one of your monitors has a DVI cable that can go straight to the DVI port.

If you already have a VGA to Mini Display Port adapter that should take care of another.

Just the HDMI to Mini Display Port to go. Hopefully that will work out.

Please let us know how it works for you.

many thanks again!

B

You're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Solved my situation in the end with a Radeon HD4870 card, had to move my UAD card up a slot, but now it's in it runs silently and the Mac never breaks into even the tiniest bit of a sweat - QTs I'm working to look pristine on the big screen - very happy, it was worth getting an extra card I think.

Thanks again for the help on getting my head round the options and having a great solution.

Barrie