Master Channel on Logic 9 Pro

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well and still making music! I am quite new to using all this gear and very in the box but I have got a mixing desk as love being able to control my tracks from it. Here comes the question!

I using a firewire sound card (Blackbird Onyx) with has an adat connection to the back of my Yamaha 01V. Giving me 8 channels of audio so within logic I have outputs 1-8.

I like to spread my mix across these 8 channels but I can not seem to get them all to connect back to one Master channel to bounce from. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Thank you for your help

Peace & Music

James Cunningham

Mix Engineer

jajajames@me.com

PS Holla me if you need any mixes done!

Your mixer out can go back into Logic, but you would need to have the OUTPUT of that return channel strip turned off to avoid a feedback loop. This way you can record your mix 'on the fly' as your bounce. To play it back, solo that new channel and add an output selection.

Another option would be to mix in Logic and group everything to three (3) stereo output busses. Use the fourth stereo bus as your mains.

If I understand what you want to do you're outputting the 8 channels from Logic into your mixer thru your sound card, you have to record or monitor the signal back into Logic.

Which of the two cards are you using as the master?

Thank you for replying :)

Sorry I do not understand?

I have one sound card that adats in and out to mixing desk. So I only have one soundcard that logic has both inputs and outputs?

Your mixer out can go back into Logic, but you would need to have the OUTPUT of that return channel strip turned off to avoid a feedback loop. This way you can record your mix 'on the fly' as your bounce. To play it back, solo that new channel and add an output selection.

Another option would be to mix in Logic and group everything to three (3) stereo output busses. Use the fourth stereo bus as your mains.

Thank you for the reply :)

How would I go about doing this?

I have one sound card that adats in and out to mixing desk. So I only have one soundcard that logic has both inputs and outputs?

The Yamaha is also a sound card. If you're sending optical information to it from the Blackbird, the Yamaha becomes the master. So they have to be synced.

But besides that, if you want to mix on the Yamaha, why use the blackbird?