Export multiple regions to audio files?

ggunn

I have been using an older (much older) version of ProTools and I am trying out Logic Pro X as a replacement, but there is something that ProTools does very easily that I cannot figure how to do in Logic. It is something I do a whole lot and if Logic cannot do it it could be a show stopper for me.

I record gigs on a digital recorder, bring the huge audio files into ProTools where I cut them up into individual songs, and export them into audio files for burning onto CD or conversion to mp3. In ProTools I just select all 30 or more regions, select "export to aiff (or mp3)", and off it goes. It makes an audio file for each region and gives it the region name with the .aif or .mp3 suffix. Easy Peasy.

It is hard for me to believe that a program as sophisticated as Logic and so much more advanced than the dinosaur version of ProTools I have been running cannot do such a simple thing, but so far I have not been able to figure it out. Can you help me?

Gordon in Austin

You could use the "Convert to New Audio File" option.

Select your regions and press Command-Option-F. Choose your format and location.

Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks, Eric!

Archived