Logic Pro X Mastering Out Too Quiet

Babe Ruth 46

OK

Running OSX Maverick and have Waves bundle. In Logic 9 the Waves mastering limiters and compressors work fine. Now on LPX the stereo bounced audio is extremely quiet. Nothing like how it sounds when Mastering out from LPX in real time. Normalization is off.

Running MOTU Utralite Mk3. With all drivers updated.

Any ideas? :|

Yes Master fader is on 0 db. Could there be a problem in the midi audio environment? I note the stereo default is 1-2 but on Motu 1-2 is actually 3-4. I changed the stereo from 1-2 to 3-4 still no go. Further when I bounce down in real time it sounds loud. But when I play it back on quicktime or iTunes it's stupidly quiet!

Yes Master fader is on 0 db. Could there be a problem in the midi audio environment? I note the stereo default is 1-2 but on Motu 1-2 is actually 3-4. I changed the stereo from 1-2 to 3-4 still no go. Further when I bounce down in real time it sounds loud. But when I play it back on quicktime or iTunes it's stupidly quiet!

In Tunes make sure no "sound enhancements" are selected.

dude your've got it around the wrong way, you should be asking.. "is the latest waves plugins compatible with Logic Pro X!", not the other way round!?, and further more why aren't you asking the waves people/company that???..

No sounds are enhanced in iTunes. Further I have the same problem in Quicktime. Also why would it be that in Logic 9 the bouncing down with Waves Compressors and limiters work fine?

Is Logic Pro X compatible with the latest Waves plugins?

Hi Babe! :D

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Could you provide screenshots of your output channel and of your bounce dialog window?

dude your've got it around the wrong way, you should be asking.. "is the latest waves plugins compatible with Logic Pro X!", not the other way round!?, and further more why aren't you asking the waves people/company that???..

No sounds are enhanced in iTunes. Further I have the same problem in Quicktime. Also why would it be that in Logic 9 the bouncing down with Waves Compressors and limiters work fine?

Is Logic Pro X compatible with the latest Waves plugins?

Yes, that was the first thing I did was to contact Waves. And it cost me $240 for the update. So who am I suppose to believe?

Hi Babe! :D

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Could you provide screenshots of your output channel and of your bounce dialog window?

Yes thanks for the advice and I've updated my signature. Screenshots will be produced shortly. but for now I have a more urgent problem with the midi track from flex pitch which is playing completely out of key even though the piano roll displays the notes in the correct pitch!

Yes ok very frustrating for sure.. this will get sorted.. is just gonna take a bit of time obviously and annoyingly, hopefully its not to many steps to get it to all work right..

Yes, that was the first thing I did was to contact Waves. And it cost me $240 for the update. So who am I suppose to believe?

Archived