Logic Keeps asking me to locate files

radicalgel

I am having this weird problem where Logic X can't find Ultrabeat samples. I have all content installed and it says so in the "Download Additional Content" section. When try to choose say the African Kit it say you have missing content would you like to download it now. Instead of sitting and downloading everything over again I decided to check if this African Kit was working in Logic 9 so I open that up and loaded this kit, when L9 asked to locate a file UN_HDJ_BPL_11.aiff. I did a quick spolight search which showed that this sample was infact located in Application Support>Garageband>Instrument Library>Sampler>Sampler Instruments>African Kit but the problem is none of these samples had the name prefixed with an UN_. The file that I found was called HDJ_BPL_11.aiff (on UN_ prefix). How to I make logic understand that all these samples are available but don't have the UN in the filename? Also, why has this happened suddenly. Things were fine. All I did recently was do a permissions repair. Any help would be much appreciated.

when L9 asked to locate a file UN_HDJ_BPL_11.aiff. I did a quick spolight search which showed that this sample was infact located in Application Support>Garageband>Instrument Library>Sampler>Sampler Instruments>African Kit but the problem is none of these samples had the name prefixed with an UN_.

The ones with an "UN_" prefix should be in Library/Application/Support/Logic/Ultrabeat Samples/African Kit/

Check that location.

J.

I just checked my Macbook Pro which has a full Logic Pro X installation (and no previous Logic 8 or 9 stuff). There's no African Kit in my list of Ultrabeat Drum Kits. The African Kit that comes with Logic Pro X is an EXS instrument (under World > African) and it's also available as a patch in the Library (under World > Percussion)

So...where did you get this Ultrabeat kit (without samples) from?

J.

I believe they are part of the Logic Studio 2 Compatibility Sounds and instruments.

Are you sure you have those downloaded?

As far as I can tell I have everything installed (including 2.5 GB of Logic Studio 2 Compatibility Sounds and Instruments) but I still don't have the African Kit in UB. However, it's pretty easy to drag and drop the EXS version onto UB if all else fails.

J.

I believe they are part of the Logic Studio 2 Compatibility Sounds and instruments.

Are you sure you have those downloaded?

As far as I can tell I have everything installed (including 2.5 GB of Logic Studio 2 Compatibility Sounds and Instruments) but I still don't have the African Kit in UB. Still, it's pretty easy to drag and drop the EXS version onto UB if all else fails.

J.

Hmm... That's strange.

I just checked and they are definitely there in the packages.

Have you tried re-downloading them?