iRig - Logic Pro X

MrUkris

Hello there, I want to record my bass guitar directly with my iMac, I'm tired transferring from iPad to iMac and stuff.

I connected it and couldn't be able to monitor the sound. Even I use the iRig's input for headphone. How can I monitor it, doesn't matter if I will hear the sound through the speakers?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

I don't know why you are hearing noise.

Is it happening even if you unplug the bass?

No, It's happening when I play it. I don't know the name of it but it happens like when you face the mic to the amp in the studio.

Edit: I'm playing bass for about a week, never played a string instrument before and this is what I made with iRig on Garageband for iPad: https://soundcloud.com/uniquejam/valentines-distortion

No, you got me wrong. I made that with Garageband for iPad. I'm not "that" noob. -_-

The problem is when I plug the iRig into my iMac's headphone, and touch a string (even I use a clean amp), it gives noises like I turned a microphone against the amp.

BTW I used Seattle Sound amp with fuzz pedal for the distortion. (Garageband)

>>it gives noises like I turned a microphone against the amp.<<

I think he is trying to discribe "feedback"

>> touch a string (even I use a clean amp), it gives noises like ...<<

But based on this statement, I'd say he either has a ground loop causing 60 cycle hum when he closes the loop by touching the string, or the pickups are picking up hi-frequency "signal" from the iMac's video monitor.

Facing away from or at least at an angle to the video monitor and adding a little distance from the iMac while playing, would help with the 2nd problem.

Not sure what would be the best solution to a ground loop involving an iRig. Usually a DI box would help.

• 4 years later...
I bought an iRig2 and tried it out with my Logic Pro X. It used to play well beside the noise mentioned by MrUkris. However couple weeks ago i tried to hook it up as I used to and now the device wont send signal to logic. I connect the cables and there is no sign of logic getting the signal from the iRig, which is weird cause it used to connect no prob. I tried all the audio setting and still nothing. Funny thing it works well with garageband on my iphone O.o