error

gizroc1mac.com

need help all of my porjects. logic is having an error message that states

error syncing audio and midi... i tried to get into preference and change the buffering, and i reset midi drivers. dont know what else to do...

it basically please the track but for some reason some of the midi tracks shut off in ramdomly and the curser has latency issues... what can I do? :shock:

The dual G4 is not powerful enough to run Logic if you're using even a few occurrences of Logic's CPU hungry plugins: Space Designer, Guitar Amp Pro, Sculpture, EVD6 etc. Try "freezing" CPU heavy tracks and see if that helps!

I've gotten this issue a few times lately as well, when playing a couple of instances of Zebra2 in Logic 7.2.3, with no audio tracks present even. This is on a new MBP 2.16 c2d w/2GB as well, definitely powerful enough. Annoying, but a quick stop/start fixes it.

In general, a great way to maximize limited processor power is to have THREE drives:

one dedicated to the system/Logic

one dedicated to sample libraries/instruments

one dedicated to audio

this spreads things out and helps out a LOT when you're trying to make things work on a smaller system.

best,

CJ

i found out what the problem is that logic is fine . and all the rest of my music application seem to have the same problem. its the motu 828 it keeps on flickering as if the fire wire is being desconnected or reconnected. i checked the clock and its set to internal. is there any sugestions

Have you tried another firewire cable? Make sure you're using the latest driver for the 828, and you can't run it at an I/0 Buffer setting below 128. I just doesn't work very well below that, I can't even run it below 128 on my Mac Pro.

yea I did change the fire wire to my motu 828, also its not bus powered. i switched the voltage from 220 to 110, and still have the same problem.... as for dirvers my workstation does not touch the internet. and so I have not been updating, i havent had a porblem like this in about two years. if there is any up dated drivers sites can please send me the link. many thanks