Opt Drag on channel strips not working right.

xgman

I've attached some mp4 vid examples of LP9 working as expected and a couple LPX NOT working right. Anyone else see this? In LPX only, when I OPT DRAG (OPT CMD DRAG in LP9) in order to copy one plugin in insert to another channel strip, the first couple go as expected, then either OPT Drag turns the plugin off, or drags a blank to the next strip position. The videos show it but are really bad quality, sorry bout that. It's really annoying after a while and is 100% repeatable and same on any and all inserts. Basically really glitchy compered to the smooth never a problem on LP9 use. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior? Thanks. (again sorry bout the bad video quality)

MP4 examples

(link removed by admin)

AVi examples

(link removed by admin)

It works fine here. I tried it several times and did it quickly and even then couldn't it get it to not work as expected.

One more thing: You could also load all plug-ins in one go by having all channel strips selected while loading a single instance in one of the channels strips. If you've made changes to the plug-in's settings, then you'd need to save your changes as the default preset and then load the plug-in.

J.

xgman, I've removed your links because after trying to follow them it ended up opening new tabs in my browser full of spam ... but no videos. The best way to share videos in this forum is to upload the videos on YouTube and embed them here using our YouTube tag.

Anyway it works as expected here too. I wanted to watch the videos to see if you were maybe clicking in the wrong area? For example if you Option-drag the power button then you'll toggle the on/off status of the plug-in instead of copying it - which is the expected behavior: you have to Option-drag the center part of the overlay, the one with an icon representing two horizontal sliders.

Sorry about the ziddu links. I wish you could see the video because it is quite apparent. After the first couple or few OPT/Drags, Opt clicking in the middle of the entry will in fact cycle off the power of that plug even if you OPT click the far right side. Sometimes when you OPT Click DRAG and it does stay lit it moves a blank insert to the next strip. It's really weird and only starts acting up after about 3 or 4 in a row. Let me see if I can't get one up at Youtube.

10.0.6 and 10.9.1. Actually it has been like this since release day 1 for LPX. More of a nuisance than anything else and yes earlier on trashed plist etc and no diff. Maybe graphics related somehow. Funny though that in LP9, no issue whatsoever. Smooth as butter. I was hoping it was a bug that might one day get fixed, but I'm guessing it may be something specific to my setup and probably not worth suffering over I guess. It's just weird..... (CMD DRAG is also same glitchy in LPX for me)

Edit: Trashed prefs plist and restarted Mac and then LPX and no difference

I

One more thing: You could also load all plug-ins in one go by having all channel strips selected while loading a single instance in one of the channels strips. If you've made changes to the plug-in's settings, then you'd need to save your changes as the default preset and then load the plug-in.

J.

Is there any way to do this and have it set all these to the same settings, levels etc? I tried your suggestion and it is a nice trick, but if you have one set custom, the others stay at default.

I

J.

Is there any way to do this and have it set all these to the same settings, levels etc? I tried your suggestion and it is a nice trick, but if you have one set custom, the others stay at default.

Like I mentioned, the idea was to save your custom setting as default first. But then you would need to reload the plug-in.

J.

Archived