Bouncing/Printing Mono Files from a Surround Mix [SOLVED]

MowingDevil

Any ideas of how to bounce files from a surround mix into regular mono files?

I require my mix to be in 7.1....and I use another plugin (Octogris) to provide a true 8 channel environment.

Now I need those 8 tracks consolidated into 8 mono bounced tracks.

This has always been a problem as Logic seems to want to bounce surround tracks. I was thinking of perhaps trying Soundflower but I'm not sure how that would work as I need to keep the project in 7.1

I also need to do this internally as I'm not running through an 8 channel interface at the moment.

ps I'm running Logic 9 (not sure if anything has changed in this respect w/ X)

So technically I should be able to leave Logic in 7.1 and going through my 8 channel plugin....use Soundflower as the driver, choose split and then record 8 discrete mono channels in another program? (or could I use another Logic project at the same time?) Play my existing Logic project & record into a new one? ...sounds dangerous. I could always use a different DAW if that would prevent confusion.

Thanks for the input, this has been a complicated process. It would be so easy if Logic would just support octophonic in their configurations, but I digress.

So technically I should be able to leave Logic in 7.1 and going through my 8 channel plugin....use Soundflower as the driver.

Yes.

choose split and then record 8 discrete mono channels in another program?

No.

Choose bounce and make sure that the File Type is set to Split.

Logic will create 8 different files in the folder where you chose to bounce.

Ok, that didn't work. Instead it popped out the 7.1 mix in mono files. I need 8 discrete mono files exactly how I have them. I should explain, the Octogris plugin overrides the 7.1 mix and allows me to have a true octophonic mix in which I can pan around the 8 speakers and not have a subwoofer. What I need is 8 tracks exactly how I have them, automation, plugins, panning etc. I've been trying to use buses & find a way around this but no luck. I'll try using soundflower to get me into a different program.

Any other suggestions?