Speaker Hardware Issues

Hi all,

just getting started with powered monitors

GEAR: MBP 15" late 2012 - osx 10.8 - LPX - mbox2 yamaha powered speakers HS80M

issues...

1 - laptop moves around a lot so I need to pull usb connection on mbox - even lower master vol 1st - but when remove USB - speakers make a pop sound that can't be good for the speakers - right? Hard to turn them off 1st but I guess I have to right?

2 - ( not just logic ) - there is a low volume - hi pitched sound (not hum) that lasts for sometimes just a few seconds - coming and going all the time.... I am guessing it is caused by hard drive action or something related to the computer functions? Any idea how to track it down and remove it?

Oh, I didn't see the mbox2 on your first post, hidden in the string of specs.

Bottom line:

Digi / Avid interfaces will never work right with Logic. They're meant for Pro Tools.

Interfaces are NOT plug and play, so you better turn off the interface before you unplug it.

The high pitch sound can come from interference. Lights, cell phones, magnetic fields.

--- so you better turn off the interface before you unplug it.

Well - I turned the volume down but it is usb bus powered - so no way to turn it off until you pull the cable - which is when it creates the pop - so I guess I have to torn odd the speakers to be safe….

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks triplets,

Sounds correct - any way to best track this down?

note: IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN EVERY TIME THE MACBOOK PRO CREATES AUDIO - THEN NOISE STOPE AFTER THAT.

EX: no noise - then have computer make computer sound or speak etc and noise will be around that - then stops when complete.

- i will turn off un-needed devices and only leave on what is needed and see what happens

any other thoughts in tracking this down?

Archived