Please help with me with midi control!

I recently purchased a Tascam FireOne midi control but my Logic Pro 7 won't recognize it. i installed the software & drivers. When i push a button on it it does do something but it does a strange function. I cant make a new midi devices, when i Scan for a new midi device it wond find it! How can i make a new mackie control?

please help!!

when i Scan for a new midi device it wond find it! How can i make a new mackie control?

I am assuming that you are referring to the control surface setup ... the FireOne is not a supported control surface therefore when you scan for new devices, Logic will not recognize it as a controller.

In order to use your FireOne as a control surface you are going to have to assign each fader/knob/button a controller in Logic's Key Commands setup.

I suggest first assigning the "learn new key command" a command like

command - K

This way you quickly assign each controller on your FireOne a command.

I highly reccommend doing a search in the forum for midi control, key commands, controller assignments .. you will find a ton of helpful information.

... oh, and by the way .. it hink opuslocus has a program for mackie control emulation, you will find a link in resources ....