pressing the option key brings up the zoom tool!

Nima

Hello,

So I finally migrated to logic X and even though I've been on logic since very early on, I decided to purchase David's book and go through the entire training from the very beginning. Fantastic book by the way and taught me a lot.

Now here's a small issue I'm having. I've always been used to holding down the Option and Control keys to get access to the zoom tool. In Logic X, when I hold down the option key along, the zoom tool comes up. This is very frustrating since the Option key is very commonly used for dragging and copying. As far as I can tell, there's no way to modify these keys. So, how can I go back to having the Option-Control keys bringing up the zoom tool and not just the option key alone? Went back to logic 9 to test it out too and it works fine there the way I expect it to. So it's not a keyboard issue or anything.

Any help would be great appreciated.

I'm afraid you can't. The Option key brings up the zoom tool when your mouse is over the background, but not when it's on top of a note in a MIDI editor, or a region in the Tracks area.

I decided to use Control-Option in my book because that always works, even on top of a note or a region. I find it dangerous to get used to a technique only to have it not work under certain conditions. You get used to Option-dragging to zoom in and before you know it you're copying notes and regions everywhere.

Archived