The Big Wipe!

dazzgriff

Hi there, decided to do a wipe on my main computer in the studio due to the hard drive being partitioned and its a bit cluttered. My big question is that when I first had my G5 I had Logic 5 installed then I upgraded to 6 then i upgraded the xs key to authorize all softsynths & plug-ins then...I installed the extra space designer presets..... So when I went to 7 Pro, at the end of every plug in setting list I had "Logic 6 Presets" as well as the 7 pro ones to choose from. When the computer is wiped I am just going to install 7 pro..But will Logic Pro 7 install the Logic 6 presets?

Sorry to ramble... :D

Also waiting for my Mbox 2 with pro tools le 7.3 :D :D Will I need the Logic Pro 7.2 update for them to talk to eachother..? :?

Cheers, Is that a full install? or draging & droping from the Logic 6 disc, I did stumble across a "Plug In Setttings" folder on the disc.

As for the talking I think I meant rewire, also when I was reading about the Logic crossgrade it mentions compatibility with pt HD 7 & DAE. Is that a different to pt le?

Cheers, Is that a full install? or draging & droping from the Logic 6 disc, I did stumble across a "Plug In Setttings" folder on the disc.

As for the talking I think I meant rewire, also when I was reading about the Logic crossgrade it mentions compatibility with pt HD 7 & DAE. Is that a different to pt le?

It's been a while since I installed Logic 6 content, but I think you can do a custom install and only install the Space designer presets if that's all you want. The PT HD 7 & DAE stuff doesn't apply to LE systems. You would definietly need the 7.2 upgrade if you were trying to use Logic as the front end of a PT HD system.

There are only a few Logic 6 presets which are different from any of the 7 ones. For a long while I still had both after upgrading from Gold 6 to Pro 7 but when I got round to comparing the folders I found most were exactly the same but with perhaps a clearer name in the 7 version or a slightly tweaked improvement.