Ableton Live Rewire [SOLVED]

foreststone

Hello,

I am unable to get Ableton Live to launch in rewire slave mode on one of my machines. Both Logic 10.0.6 and Ableton Live 9.1.1 are running in 64bit mode and I am launching Logic first and then Ableton. I have also set the Rewire behavior setting in the Logic preferences to Live Mode (Rewire and Internal), but when I launch Ableton I constantly get the message...

"Live has detected another active Rewire master application. No Rewire slave applications will be available for use with Live unless you quit the current Rewire master application and restart Live."

Oddly I am able to launch Reason 7 in rewire slave mode with Logic and I'm also able to launch Ableton Live in rewire slave mode with Pro Tools 11 and Cubase 7. Only Logic won't allow Live 9 to launch in rewire slave mode. I've tried deleting preferences and reinstalling Ableton and also tried setting the Rewire playback mode in Logic but still keep getting that message. On my laptop I do not have this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you post a screenshot of the contents of your Rewire folders?

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Rewire/

and

Macintosh HD/Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Rewire/

J.

Hi Jordi,

Here you go..

System Rewire Directory

1716616831_SystemRewireDirectory.jpg.c57cc8d41fa102b6760c89decb4dcd04.jpg

User Rewire Directory

1699241367_UserRewireDirectory.jpg.628c39f057dd69fc03272e949d76b855.jpg

Thank you for your help,

Things are looking good in your Rewire folders.

If you open Logic by itself and create an aux channel strip in the mixer, can you see Ableton Live's Rewire buses available as input options?

Also, when creating an external MIDI track and opening the Library, do you see Ableton Live appear in the list of devices/ports?

I remember running into this problem not long ago but can remember how I fixed it...

J.

Hi

I remember running into this problem not long ago but can remember how I fixed it...

J.

Quit Logic and Live. Try moving the Rewire folders to the Desktop then running Live standalone to get it to reinstall it's Rewire files. Then Quit Live, start Logic, start Live.

CCT

Yep, that's one of the things I tried but still can't remember if that's what took care of it...probably is! :)

Thanks for chiming in CCT!

J.

Things are looking good in your Rewire folders.

If you open Logic by itself and create an aux channel strip in the mixer, can you see Ableton Live's Rewire buses available as input options?

Also, when creating an external MIDI track and opening the Library, do you see Ableton Live appear in the list of devices/ports?

J.

Jordi,

I do see ableton rewire as an option when creating both an aux bus and ext midi track. It's strange since Cubase and Pro Tools can both trigger Ableton to recognize that it should launch in Slave mode. Something tells me that Logic is not do something when I set the Rewire Behavior setting in the preferences. I've tried trashing Logic preferences and then resetting my preferences again but still no luck.

Hi

J.

Quit Logic and Live. Try moving the Rewire folders to the Desktop then running Live standalone to get it to reinstall it's Rewire files. Then Quit Live, start Logic, start Live.

CCT

Hello CCT. I just tried this and Ableton did reinstall them but still no luck. Thank you for your suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
Per a discussion at duc.avid.com http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342624, and another on this forum http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102919&p=537429&hilit=rewire#p537429, I can confirm that Eucon is the problem. When I uninstall Eucon, Rewire works as expected. Avid recently just released Eucon 3.1.2 on March 3, but sadly this does not resolve the issue.

Per a discussion at duc.avid.com http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342624, and another on this forum http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102919&p=537429&hilit=rewire#p537429, I can confirm that Eucon is the problem. When I uninstall Eucon, Rewire works as expected. Avid recently just released Eucon 3.1.2 on March 3, but sadly this does not resolve the issue.

That's too bad but hopefully they fix it soon. Thanks for letting us know!

J.

• 1 month later...

i was having the same issue, and it was just working yesterday on a trial version of live 9, so i had to figure what happened, well i found my version 7, then installed it, then with my maschine, came a version 8, i installed that, cause i wasn't buying 9 just yet, then i started getting these rewire errors.

what i have figured out is that if you have multiple versions, like you still have 7, then upgraded to 8 then now 9, this causes conflicts, you must uninstall all versions then just re-install the version your currently going to use, this was my case, may not be yours, but since i only wanted a version to work just for my remixes, i un-installed all registered and trial version, re-installed my version 7, and now all is well,but also make sure your logic is running in 32bit and not 64 bit, for whatever reason, in 64bit rewire is not recognized

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I am running into the same problem on my machine (new apple Macbook pro, running OS Mavericks). Everytime I try to rewire Ableton 9 (64 bit) as a slave to Logic X (10.0.7) I get an error message that says:

"The ReWire master application has detected a different version of Live than the one last used. Please quit both the current ReWire master application and Live, and then launch Live once as a standalone application so that it can install its ReWire engine."

I have done this and it doesn't work. I tried moving both ReWire folders from Propellerheads Software folder in application support folder (from both my username and the system libraries) and starting Ableton 9 as standalone, but still no luck there.

I'm at a loss for what to do. If anyone has any help for me that would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

For what it's worth, I just did this to get Live 9.1.6 64bit version to Rewire up to LPX .0.7:

LPX Preferences:Audio:Devices:Rewire Behaviour: Playback mode

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Propellerheads:Rewire ( copy to Desktop and delete original)

Quit LPX

Start Live 9 (This should get Live to install latest Rewire support files)

Quit Live

Start LPX

Start Live

Done

CCT

Thank you for replying! I just did that and I still get the same error message.

I am running Live 9.1, not 9.1.6. Perhaps that is why this is still not working. I wonder if I manually reinstall rewire itself that might help. If anyone has any other ideas that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Hi,

"The ReWire master application has detected a different version of Live than the one last used. Please quit both the current ReWire master application and Live, and then launch Live once as a standalone application so that it can install its ReWire engine."

That's the same message I was getting some months ago. I fixed it by deleting the "Ableton Live Engine_32" aliases I had in my Rewire folders and Live 9 64bit finally opened in Rewire Slave mode.

Hope that helps.

J.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...