Multiple project names

Jonik

Hi,

I've noticed that for some projects there are 2 titles for the logic session in the top bar, which seem to be in the order:

Name of current session - name of another version - Window (ie Piano roll)

I regularly use other logic sessions as starting points for new sessions. Is this what Logic X is showing - it's original version name?

Is there a way of turning it off?

Thanks,

Jonik

This session is a copy of another session which has been renamed. The original project is still available.

There is no audio, either in the arrange window or in the bin and no mention of missing files when it opens. Is there a way to make it more self contained so that the second name disappears?

Thanks for the link. From that page I then found that this is called an 'alternative'. Annoyingly the original alternative can't be deleted.

I'm still a bit confused as to how I came about having an alternative as I didn't manually create one using the File-Alternatives-New button. Is there another way to make them that I might have inadvertently done?

Thanks!

Jonik

I've done some tests and it looks like Logic X auto creates alternatives if you, in finder, duplicate a project by alt dragging it and renaming the Logic project in finder.

Rather annoying as a lot of projects I work on are based on other Logic sessions - so copying the file itself is much better and easier than importing. I also think it is safer using the above method than 'save as' as a new project, as the session is separated immediately from the other session and any changes made don't affect the other session in any way. Maybe that's just me.

Ho hum!

Rather annoying as a lot of projects I work on are based on other Logic sessions - so copying the file itself is much better and easier than importing. I also think it is safer using the above method than 'save as' as a new project, as the session is separated immediately from the other session and any changes made don't affect the other session in any way

Do a Save As without including audio files. Then it's just a new version and resides in the same main folder.