Best bass di set up for logic

Hi

I have been experimenting with recording my bass using di method.

I have a nio 2/4 sound card, here is my best attempt so far:

I am looking for the optimum set up in logic 9 using only logic 9 software.

For the above recording I used Bass Amp, EQ and compressor combination.

Does anyone have any set ups they have found effective?

Thanks in advance.

It all depends on the sound you are looking for. Also the Bass guitar / pickups.

There are times when I go DI with no pre amp/effects. Recording directly will capture just the bass with no Logic inserts so that I can reamp/ change settings.

EQing the bass to fit the mix is important too. If I want the bass part to be heard on the little white earbuds, I will need to EQ some of that frequency in without messing everything else up.

EQing the bass to fit the mix is important too. If I want the bass part to be heard on the little white earbuds, I will need to EQ some of that frequency in without messing everything else up.

How do you do that?

Earbuds have practically no ability to reproduce bass the way a conventional speaker does.

So, how do you EQ the bass for earbuds without messing up the sound on a quality playback system?

The bass part.

The bass guitar, kick drum, low synths, etc all have overtones that can be enhanced during the mix to be noticed on the lil white earbuds. You are not going to hear the low rumble, but you will hear the bass or kick part being played. EarPods may be a different story.

However, with many of the cheaper earbuds, the low end can easily be heard with the addition of ear gels (jabra gels). that rely on bone conduction.

What's the difference between Earbuds and EarPods?

I haven't heard of EarPods.

Also, I still think that if you enhance the bass frequencies to compensate for the weak bass in Earbuds that you will be overdoing the bass when the song is played back on a real sound system i.e. a quality stereo system with quality speakers.

What would be the best way to record di and close mic simultaneously using a nio 2/4 sound card?

I was thinking of taking a feed from head phone out from bio and into bass amp and back in via mic input and di a feed via guitar input on card?

Or do i need to invest in a DI box with appropriate in and out's?

Thanks