Stereo recording comes out in mono in headphones!

tantagda1

Hi!

I just made a stereo recording i Logix X. I can only hear the track in stereo when I use the stereo adapter and listen through the interface. Once I plug out the interface and listen through my mac, with headphones, I can only hear the track in one ear.

Is it suppose to be like this? Not everyone will listen in stereo, when I bounce, will they only hear in one ear?

Please help me with this!

So the issue is with your Mac and how it is outputting the signal thru the output connector.

One possibility is that your connector is defective, another is that there may be a balance control (system pref) causing this.

Hard to guess without knowing more information about your system, headphones, and other settings (as per the forum rules).

And sorry for not give enough information!

Interface: Fireface 400. Microphones: DCP 2011

Headphones AKG 55

I have checked system settings and the left/right balance is in the middle. I dont know if there are any Logic preferenses that needs to change? I have never recorded in stereo before.

I have checked with other headphones aswel, and listening through speakers and its all the same.

So, hope this information is enough!

And sorry for not give enough information!

Interface: Fireface 400. Microphones: DCP 2011

Headphones AKG 55

I have checked system settings and the left/right balance is in the middle. I dont know if there are any Logic preferenses that needs to change? I have never recorded in stereo before.

I have checked with other headphones aswel, and listening through speakers and its all the same.

So, hope this information is enough!

And I use this adapter to the speakers

635mm-Plug-to-35mm-Audio-Stereo-Adapter_320x320.jpg.020dfd0b697fd51f63d99556aa0624dd.jpg

I think the focus should be with the mac computer.

tantagda1 has stated that stereo (both ears) can be heard via the audio interface, but sound only plays in one side (one ear) via the mac comp output.

Try listening to iTunes (or something) straight out of the mac. If you are still hearing one side only, the connector could be bad.

Try listening to iTunes (or something) straight out of the mac. If you are still hearing one side only, the connector could be bad.
Hard to guess without knowing more information about your system, headphones, and other settings (as per the forum rules).

+1 on this, to avoid guesswork and shooting in the dark, please follow shivermetimbers' previous suggestion, read our rules and update your signature. Thanks!

Archived