I Tap a key by accident (not sure which),Song goes silent!?

SubLixx

I go to rename a track or anything really, then I accidently tap a key on the macbook pro keyboard (don't know which as I'm not paying attention), & the whole song becomes silent.

The channels all show there is audio occuring & none of the channels have the mute button active, so what is happening?

I would really like to know as it has happened quite a few times over the last 2 days, the only way I've been getting round this is by loading a previously saved version of the song.

Appreciate the help as I am new to Logic Pro 7.2.

Thankx in advance.

I get something like this now and then. I still don't know what it is that I'm doing, which accidental key com I'm hitting... but the result is that a whole bunch of channels (usually audio tracks) have their volume faders reset to zero. If anyone knows specifically which key com does something like that, please let us know!

Thanks.

No the screen does not go yellow, & it's not in 'solo' mode. The screen appears to be normal, each channels meters indicate the sound is happening. None of the channels are muted. The faders are up. The sound is turned on on the laptop. It's like the sound goes 'offline' but saying that, like I said b4, the meters indicate sound is there. I don't know what is happening? Edited by SubLixx

I go to rename a track or anything really, then I accidently tap a key on the macbook pro keyboard (don't know which as I'm not paying attention), & the whole song becomes silent.

The channels all show there is audio occuring & none of the channels have the mute button active, so what is happening?

I would really like to know as it has happened quite a few times over the last 2 days, the only way I've been getting round this is by loading a previously saved version of the song.

Appreciate the help as I am new to Logic Pro 7.2.

Thankx in advance.

Are you using an external audio driver or the built in?

Normally, Muting and soloing will have a visual indicator. However, in automation mode, things are different yet still show some indication in different screens.

All I can recommend is for you to search your logic key commands. Also, open up and look at your automation settings.

Lastly, if it is possible, you may be muting your sound output for your computer. It is the only common thing that compares to your description.

Good luck

1678541899_Picture2.png.4e17f1636564fb1d93299e848bb9bfd9.png

I think I have somehow been changing the computers sound output, as I checked the sound settings in the system preferences & the wrong output was selected. I will check my key commands to check I haven't got a shortcut assigned to change the macbookpros output, like you said.

Thankx all for the ideas.

It may be a computer key command (I couldn't find any LOGIC KC that did this).

Please let us know if you find out which key combination.

This isn't the case here, but I have had this happen simple by dragging a 16 bit file into an open Logic song. Poof! no sound output - yet everything is set the same and the meters all show activity. Reopen the song and everything is back to normal.