Complex Audio File Import Question [SOLVED]

michaeljoe21

I am needing to import 5-6 songs into one project. This will enable us to have one project open during our church service and seamlessly go from one song to the next. I would like to keep all the Clicks on one channel, Cues on one channel, Bass tracks on one channel, etc., to make it easier for our front of house sound guy. I also would love it if I could import the files and retain tempo and markers. I have tried this in Logic Pro 9 (about to upgrade) and this only imported for the files for the first song. That song is 77 measures. At measure 78 when I imported the next click track it did not import the markers or tempo information. I could go in and do this after the fact using the global tracks, but is there another way. Thanks for the help!

I've never tried this, but did you try to set your locators in one project, choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Cut Section Between Locators (you can undo it right after you cut, the idea is to get the data in the clipboard), then choose the destination project, position the playhead where desired and choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Insert Section at Playhead?

I didn't try that, but I think it might just be easier to drop the most complex in first with the markers then use the tempo track and drop the others in their lanes in order and place markers then where I need them. I did a test file using this method and it went pretty well. Thanks for the help!