Hooking up a Nord fx2 in Logic with Axiom pro.

jumpstart23

What's up everybody. First post here, so take it easy on me

I was hoping to get some help hooking up an external synth to logic. I've found some help through google, but I've still hit a couple roadblocks. I don't have a whole lot of experience hooking up externals since I've been mostly "in the box" for a while now.

My main goal is to be able to use the synth in my arrangements. I would like to be able to use my Axiom Pro midi controller to record and play into logic. Beyond that, is it possible to add logics FXs on top of the Nord? From my understanding I will have to record the audio from it in order to do it, right(like put reverb on it)? How do I record the midi and audio at the same time?

I would really appreciate the time if someone could lend me a hand. Its a bit stressful sometimes when you hit roadblocks and don't understand what it is you need to do to accomplish what you want!

thanks.

You first create an external MIDI track to record the MIDI data from the Axiom, and choose the Nord from the Library.

Then you create an audio track to record the audio data from the Nord, and choose the correct inputs (the ones where the Nord is connected on your interface).

Record-enable both the external MIDI and the audio track, and make sure the external MIDI track is selected to record both simultaneously.

• 2 weeks later...
You first create an external MIDI track to record the MIDI data from the Axiom, and choose the Nord from the Library.

Then you create an audio track to record the audio data from the Nord, and choose the correct inputs (the ones where the Nord is connected on your interface).

Record-enable both the external MIDI and the audio track, and make sure the external MIDI track is selected to record both simultaneously.

Thanks David. I've got that part working, but I have another question now!

Is there any way to put logic fxs on top of the audio when it plays? If I wanted to add some delay, flanger, etc. etc on top of the a nord patch. When I put an fxs in the insert on the audio track it doesn't seem to work. I've gotten it to work when I ran the audio from the nord straight into my sound card. But its now going through my mixer, the way I would like it so I can eventually have more hardware hooked up.

Is this the correct audio chain(or whatever you call it)? Audio signal form the nord, into the berringer mixer, back out the mixer and into the sound card, then back to mixer from the sound card into my speakers.(I could use a video or something showing how to route everything from hardware...into the mixer..into sound..to computer) :cry:

I'm a bit stuck obviously, thanks

It suck not knowing how to correctly hook things up.

The only way you can use Logic to process audio is if you route that audio through Logic. That means that somehow you want to run the audio outputs from your synth to the inputs on your audio interface (wether you use a mixer in between or not), and that somehow you run audio outputs from your interface back to your monitoring (wether you use a mixer in between or not).

Hope that helps?

Archived