How To Install Virtual Instruments Into Logic Pro 8?

88man

How do you cleanly install virtual instrument software (mostly EWQL) into Logic Pro 8 so that it can be easily accessed in the AU plug-in folder? I have a Mac Pro (circa 2008) running Snow Leopard. I bought all the software in 2008-2010, but never got around to using my Mac for 5 years. The OS, iLok, and Logic Pro 8 are now updated, all that remains is installing the new software. I am not very Mac savvy - Any tricks, advice, instructions on how I should install the following fantastic software:

EWQL Silk

EWQL Ra

EWQL Composers Collection - 1TB Symphonic Orchestra, Symphonic Choirs, Pianos, Goliath, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2

EWQL Desert Winds

Spectrasonics Omnisphere

VSL Konzerhaus Organ (Vienna Key)

Melodyne 3 Studio

Thank you!

Thanks Eric! I was able to install VI in the Components Folder. I followed the instructions provided by BestofService which states to place the Desert Winds Library in a folder "Macintosh HD/Yellowtools/Libraries" located in the Components Folder. The freestanding mode works fine, but I can't launch it in Logic. The AU Manager successfully validated the Engine software, but it's not listed in the Inserts/AU in Logic. How can I launch it in Logic?

Thanks

Thanks Eric! You nailed it, and it works like a charm. I owe you a beer if you're ever in Boston. :)

I admit Logic Pro 8 is a little daunting to navigate and learn. I've heard Logic Pro X is "easier" but but my entire software collection is based on 32-bit.