Exporting and normalizing

andyr

I notice that when I export my tracks as audio files they are automatically being normalized. Does this mean I'm overriding the relative volume levels I have set for each track in my project? I've listened to a few of the exported files and they sound all right, but I haven't gone through all 52 of them. Is the best procedure for me to turn normalizing off when I export the tracks, if I want to maintain the volumes I've set for each track?

You know how, sometimes while you're asking a question, you get the sneaky suspicion that the answer is already in your question? I feel like that now, but I'm asking the question anyway, since I'm up against a deadline and don't have much time for more experimentation. Thanks!

I notice that when I export my tracks as audio files they are automatically being normalized. Does this mean I'm overriding the relative volume levels I have set for each track in my project?

No.

Normalizing will drop the volume if you are too hot or raise it if you are too low. There is an option for only overs.

I've listened to a few of the exported files and they sound all right, but I haven't gone through all 52 of them. Is the best procedure for me to turn normalizing off when I export the tracks, if I want to maintain the volumes I've set for each track?

Yes.

That way someone can import your tracks and listen to your mix right away without moving a fader.

Archived