Bought Macbook pro 15 retina need advise

Hello

I had to leave my 2011 Mb pro at the local Apple dealer store to fix/replace a faulty battery, plus fix som kernel_task issues that is causing the machine to hault. I figure out I needed a second Mb pro and use one more exclusively for Music and Logic anf the other one for other tasks. The seller at the store convinced me in buying the Mbpro 15" retina and he said I would experience a considerable performance boost in Logic while using this, although I bought the lowest cost Version with 256 gb flash Storage

This:

2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache

Configurable to 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache or 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

When I got home I finally figured out this New one with retina display does not have a FireWire 800 port ofcourse..this can potentially be a big drawback for me..as I use 1 motu ultralite and 2 glyph external hds in a Daisy Chain over FireWire 800 on my 2011 mbpro. There are always this th.bolt - FireWire adapter to buy separately but I am not sure if this will function/be as fast in a Daisy Chain? Has anyone any experience with this adapter and Daisy Chain performance? Will it be a hassle/unpractical?

How bad is the non FireWire Connectivity when I only want to Connect my Interfaces through FireWire anyway?

Can I do better and buy an older Mb pro non retina and Upgrade to bigger ssd etc. later?

So as you probably understand, I am basically am not sure if I have bought the optimal Mbpro afterall if I am going to use this more exclusively for Logic pro, mainstage etc...It will probably be a boost in performance with a updated specs over my 2011 model, but the drive is only 256 gb but it is flash though..

I could ofcourse stick with my 2011 model for Logic/mainstage and use the retina one for other tasks..but the retina mbpro has ofcourse an upgraded intel prosessor, RAM and flash drive even though my 2011 model still has 4 cores and i7 intel. And 8 gb ram. So the performance will probably be best with the retina anyway?

Ok, sorry for the rambling but I just want to get this sorted and I need to make a desition fast if I should replace it. I hope I did not ask to many questions.

Hope someone might be able to help me out :)

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, after a little further reading I just bought the Apple thunderbolt to firewire adapter, and both the external harddrive and Motu Ultralite runs fine in a daisy chain, if this is useful to others. I downloaded Logic pro 9.1.8 and it runs great on Mavericks so far. The loading time of Logic is super fast.. probably because of the flash drive.

Regards