Suggestions for sampler plugin with sample start controls?

I'm looking for a robust sampler which allows me to control individual sample start/end times with a knob on my midi controller.

To do this with esx24, I need to use the mouse, which is a bit cumbersome. Esx24 only allows very fine adjustments, which is also less than ideal for me.

Ideally, I would like to select a sample with my controller (eg controls for next/previous sample), and use my controller to adjust coarse/fine sample starts with knobs.

Any suggestions?

To do this with esx24, I need to use the mouse, which is a bit cumbersome.

You can easily control it via MIDI after setting it up in the modulation router.

Esx24 only allows very fine adjustments, which is also less than ideal for me.

The freeware sampler allows to adjust up to 38 seconds. That should be enough no?

http://www.tx16wx.com/downloads

J.

You can easily control it via MIDI after setting it up in the modulation router.

Ah cool! I never tried that before. Just gave it a shot. It looks like the sample-start setting is global though, is that correct? I tried setting up the routing as follows:

979970420_ScreenShot2014-03-06at12_09_03PM.png.675b17aa73ee15073f255fe87297c3e0.png

I have one knob which controls the sample start (cc12). When I turn it and play the keys on my controller, it seems to affect all of the sample starts. I tried adding another modulation routing to control sample select (cc13) so I can use that to select the sample, then use the sample start to control the start of the selected sample, but that doesn't seem to work, probably because that setting doesn't do what I think it does. I'll look into the user manual to see if I can find any info on this.

The freeware sampler allows to adjust up to 38 seconds. That should be enough no?

http://www.tx16wx.com/downloads

Thanks! 38 seconds should be more than enough. I'll give that a go.

Found this in the manual:

"By default, Sample Select is controlled by velocity through the default Velocity to Sample Select modulation path. This means that the received note velocity value determines which of the layered zones with different Velocity Range settings is heard."

So it appears Sample Select only affects playback of samples (the different layers when layered samples are present)... not the selection for editing. Of course, this makes sense. It looks like ESX24 can't do what I want (using a controller to select a sample in the ESX24, and using a knob to adjust the sample start of the selected sample). I'll give the freeware plugin you suggested a go.