Logic Pro 9 is only sounding in mono [SOLVED]

fyfe

Hi hi people ..

I would be hugely appreciative if anyone can help here.

The panning in Logic has suddenly stopped working for me today, or rather stopped being audible. I can see on the output's channel strip meters that when I move a track left or right it is responding as it should "internally", but the sound coming out is just staying in the centre, like the general output of Logic is somehow "stuck" in mono.

I-tunes is working fine stereo and panning wise, so this appears to be just a Logic problem.

I've tried quitting, restarting the Mac etc (which is 10.8.5) and no joy.

I've been working straight out of the mac today but also tried plugging into my extrernal soundcard, and had the same problem through the soundcard.

It's like Logic has somehow internally routed itself through a mono output but I can't figure out how.

I've tried switching the mono / stereo little circle at the bottom of the channel strips of individual and that's making no difference.

The only thing I can think - I've been working with a couple of movie files today that I'd downloaded from YouTube using http://www.clipconverter.cc - which seems to be widely used and safe, but I wonder if the process of dragging in a movie file and extracting its audio track etc has somehow bugged Logic out somehow?

Well hopefully one of you Logic genuises out there might be able to shed some light on this mystery anyway!

Thanks

X fyfe

Hi fyfe!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.6)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Hi Eric and Triplets ..

Thanks for replying ..

I'll fill in the thing with more information now.

Still the same today - also just to make clear, i had dragged a couple of movie files into Logic in order to play with putting music to them, but this "stuck in mono" thing is happening to all files in Logic, not just the movie files I've dragged in. And on all sessions.

The mystery continues!

David Nahmani thank you so much!!

I had a feeling it would be a simple thing that had somehow got checked or unchecked. What a relief though ..

Eric - I was sure I had checked i-tunes properly but looking back, I think maybe all I did was go to System Preferences - Sound - Balance and move sound from left speaker to right speaker, which worked fine. In the heat of the moment I may have got a bit confused in what I thought was extensive checking of every option!

Anyway .. who knows but thanks so much for taking the time to solve a real headscratcher! No idea how it got switched on but anyway .. solved!

Thanks again,

Fyfe

Eric - I was sure I had checked i-tunes properly but looking back, I think maybe all I did was go to System Preferences - Sound - Balance and move sound from left speaker to right speaker, which worked fine. In the heat of the moment I may have got a bit confused in what I thought was extensive checking of every option!

I see. That explains it then.

I'm glad you've got it working. :)

Archived