how to make a track genuinely mono ? Pro7

ignatzmouse

Hello there, i've just recorded a band setup using 2 mic's, would like to send each channel to a separate track as a mono channel to EQ, etc. When i do the tracks still come from (left) or (right) even when the output 1&2 is in 'Mono'

I can't find a way to make it work, any ideas anyone, sorry if this has been asked before, i've looked around the site for the question but can't find the answer, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, i am aware of the stereo/mono button...but what i am trying to do is to separate the 2 channels of a 2 mic recording to 2 single mono tracks.

If i press the Mono button using the 1 track stereo recording what i have is channel 1 and 2 simultaneously (stereo)

The problem i am having is that when i try to hear e.g the left channel only but in both speakers, i can't. Similarly with the right.

ah of course, i did record onto a stereo input, will know better next time, thanks for helping

Then create two tracks and copy the audio region (option-drag) so you have one on each track. Now click hold the stereo/mono button on the first channel strip and select "Left", click-hold the button on the second channel strip and choose "Right". Like this:

inputs.png.60de9c10f9841856f18f69dfda614c7c.png

Archived