Why can't I no longer load samples to Logic-EXS24? [SOLVED]

Deramo

Hi!

I normally load samples to the EXS24 in Logic by simply draging and dropping the samples into the EDIT window.

A plus sign use to appear and after that I can just drop the sample into the window and start working with it.

But suddenly today I can't load specific samples.

The sample I try to load is a .mp3 file, and I've tried to make it a .wav file, but it still doesn't work.

Still SOME .mp3 files, and SOME .wav files work.

But for some strange reason SOME .mp3 and .wav files DON'T work.

I've searched for hours by google and also here at gearslutz but I can't seem to find ANYTHING about this, and I've never had this problem before.

So, when I hold the sample over the EDIT window and want to drop it, no plus-sign appears and if I drop the sample anyway, it just jumps straight back into the folder where I picked the file from.

Does anyone have any idea what i'm missing? I use to do it the same way all the time so I can't understand why suddenly it won't work? And it still works with the same type of files, but with some other same type of files it doesn't?

So, does anyone know what the problem is? Why can't I load some specific files into the EXS24 EDIT WINDOW?

:?

Best Regards!

I've also tried to create "new zone" in the EDIT WINDOW, and thereafter chosen "add audio sample".

A folder pop's up, and I choose my specific audio-file.

After this is done, I get this error message: "Logical end-of-file reached during read operation

Result code=-39"

It seems like I can add audio-files that are a specific length.

My audiofile is a "oneshot" (One single word shouted), around 1 second long.

Isn't it possible to sample audiofiles that are this short?

If so, it's weird, cuz I've sampled audiofiles this short before.

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Avoid working with compressed formats during production (according to Apple, the EXS24 doesn't even support mp3's ).

What's the bit depth (not bit rate) of your wave files? Logic does not support 32bit files. Make sure they're 24bit or even 16bit.

J.

Avoid working with compressed formats during production (according to Apple, the EXS24 doesn't even support mp3's ).

What's the bit depth (not bit rate) of your wave files? Logic does not support 32bit files. Make sure they're 24bit or even 16bit.

J.

Thanks for answering!

I also posted this question at gearslutz.com, I got it to work, but still a bit confused.

here's a link to the thread: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/911372-why-cant-i-no-longer-load-samples-logic-exs24-please-help.html#post9909329