New to logic - playhead getting stuck?

xguylogic

hi, i'm new to logic and loving it so far but ran into a couple problems today.

the play head seems to get stuck. before when i would click on the time line and hit play, it would start playing from where ever i clicked.

now, i will click in the time line somewhere and when i click some where else in the time line and hit play, the play head will jump back to the previous place.

the only way i figured out how to change where it plays from is to make a selection in a track and it seems to start playing from there. but it will be stuck there and will not play from the time line anymore.

i'm not sure if i changed something but this seems like a simple thing that it should be able to do and i'm confused as to why this is happening.

also, i hit some button combination and it flattened all my tracks - 14 tracks of audio - and would only show the wavs when i would select one of the tracks. the wav form would be big and nice and all the others would be solid blue lines and i could not see the wavs for all the tracks anymore. only the track currently selected.

i ended up closing the file and not saving and reopening in order to get rid of that because i could not figure out how to get the view back to how it was with all the waveforms showing.

any help would be appreciated. thx

Welcome to Logic Pro Help!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

hi, i'm new to logic and loving it so far but ran into a couple problems today.

the play head seems to get stuck. before when i would click on the time line and hit play, it would start playing from where ever i clicked.

now, i will click in the time line somewhere and when i click some where else in the time line and hit play, the play head will jump back to the previous place.

the only way i figured out how to change where it plays from is to make a selection in a track and it seems to start playing from there. but it will be stuck there and will not play from the time line anymore.

i'm not sure if i changed something but this seems like a simple thing that it should be able to do and i'm confused as to why this is happening.

Sounds like your making marquee selections and the playhead is starting playback from these selections. You can avoid that behavior if you like by control-clicking the play button and unchecking "Play from Marquee Selection".

also, i hit some button combination and it flattened all my tracks - 14 tracks of audio - and would only show the wavs when i would select one of the tracks. the wav form would be big and nice and all the others would be solid blue lines and i could not see the wavs for all the tracks anymore. only the track currently selected.

i ended up closing the file and not saving and reopening in order to get rid of that because i could not figure out how to get the view back to how it was with all the waveforms showing.

Please open a new thread for this. We don't allow multiple unrelated questions in a single thread. Please read our forum rules. Thank you.

J.