Help needed: adjusting project tempo to audio file tempo?

JasonPrawn

So basically I have been trying to adjust the tempo of the project to the tempo of an audio file (Logic Pro X).

The audio file actually has a few changes in tempo, so I cut the file to try get a more precise tempo for that particular section - but i can't seem to get the project tempo (and the metronome) to change in accordance. The tempo & the metronome are still out of tempo.

I haven't been able to easily find a fairly accurate tempo for the audio file, so that would be the first step I need help with. I've tried using the BPMcounter but it gives a too slow tempo, and i've tried all the option in the tempo options section.

I've tried beat mapping, which doesn't seem to work at all - all it does is make a grey box above the selected audio file.

Beat detection doesn't work either - says no tempo can be found.

Adjusting temp using indicators gives me the option to create a tempo change or globally change it. As i'm trying to only change the tempo for the selected section i choose create, but again it doesn't seem to work :?

Thanks for any and all help :)

I've tried beat mapping, which doesn't seem to work at all - all it does is make a grey box above the selected audio file.

Beat mapping's the way to go. It works fine but sounds like you've run into a graphical glitch. Adjusting the height of the beat mapping track should take care of it.

J.