Region based Automation

Artlowell

I imported a region from one project to a new project. I also used the identical channel strip from the old project in the new one. The automation worked as expected in the old project. There are note bends from the first project that came over with the region. The Event list shows them. However, if I call up the pitch bend curve (in the new project), the curve is flat, and now it is green instead of orange like in the old project. Also, it does not say "bender". If I place some nodes along this flat green curve, the event list shows "fader" at each location. What is this "fader"? There are no other automation changes at these locations that I can find. Further, the instrument does not respond with any bends that I put in this curve. The same is true with all the other regions in my new project.

So, I got hyperdraw on a region and opened the event list with the fader information. Used function>transform>random pitch(because I didn't know which parameter). Got the Transform window and didn't know what to do. As it stand, I have no way to bend notes using hyperdraw.

Archived