Change pitch of audio in Logic Pro X

bazomar

Gents,

I need your help for a basic question!. I use an audio in my template and i need to bring it from key G to key C. Or I need to raise it one octave in a same key. How i can play with pitch to get exactly what i need? Could u describe plz step by step and preferably with snaps?

I have been adding and playing with plugins in logic pro x - FX > pitch but it doesn't give the expected results. Please let me know how to do it.

Regards,

Marc

Have you tried turning your audio file into an exs24 sample? That may provide you with the results you're looking for, however, I'm unable to provide step-by-step instructions (and screenshots) at the moment as I'm not in front of my computer. You can do searches on exs24, though, to get you started.

Raising one octave for a number of algorithms can be difficult. that's not a close key change at all. You can try to go into the wave editor adn do the destructive pitch process there (under "factory" menu).

The exs 24 thing might be a good bet to try out too. Ultimately i don't think you'll love any of the results you'll get with that. It's a distant key for audio.

many thanks guys for you help,

1- I was trying to apply the first method in raising the pitch (changing octave for the same key or even changing the key to adapt and audio that I have to the key of my melody). I was trying to display exs24 but all videos on youtube demonstrate it for a midi not an audio. I have attached the snapshot of my project I am using logic pro x. seems to be a powerful plugin.

2- Method 2: I couldn't see the factory menu. I went to editors and tried to look in the options under file and track but didn't find. There is an option under Functions > Time and pitch machines tried it before and look to be not user friendly in logic.

Thanks in advance guys for your help ;)

logic-help1.png.a59bd04c50a3bba2c9ca3350d453c4b3.png

snap1

Many thanks Eric. If I am not wrong this option is very easy in Ableton, my friend was showing me that he can change an octave up or down very easily like the Automation. I don't know if you guys have experience with other softwares but I believe we (logic) should have something easy and user friendly to do it.. :S