Smart Controls Range Min and Max not saved [FIXED in 10.0.7]

foreststone

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm if the Range Min and Max settings for a smart control knob are not saving with the project? Is there a setting I'm missing? Every time I set the Range Min and Max, then save the project and open it again, the Range Min and Max values are back to what appears to be a default. I've tried this with the stock Logic instruments and third party AUs. I'm on OS 10.9.2 and Logic 10.0.6.

Best Regards,

You're correct. :(

Thanks for confirming David, I reported this on the Logic feedback site in the hopes that someone will actually read it. Even though I use this feature a lot, I never noticed it since I usually bounce in place, but in this project I didn't bounce, thinking I might want to tweak the automation later. Sadly when I opened the project back up all my automation was messed up. :(

I have spent days trying to get that feature to work right. I even called apple, and used the feedback form. This sucks. I like the ideal of stack tracks, but if that part doesn't work, it makes it useless. Who wants to spend hours tweaking a project, but not be able to recall the tweaks the next week.

If anybody has a solution, I'm all ears. I would rather use logic than live.

I have spent days trying to get that feature to work right. I even called apple, and used the feedback form. This sucks. I like the ideal of stack tracks, but if that part doesn't work, it makes it useless. Who wants to spend hours tweaking a project, but not be able to recall the tweaks the next week.

If anybody has a solution, I'm all ears. I would rather use logic than live.

I agree. For me the benefit of track stacks and smart controls is useless if I can't save the Max and Min ranges. The scale feature also becomes useless. After losing all my automation settings after a 4 hour session I no longer trust the smart controls. I'm basically working the way I did in previous versions of Logic.

Yeah, I would love to be able to even setup patch templates so that I can load up a patch that is already tweaked and ready to go. But like you said, my trust is gone.

Hey, do you know if there is a way to get the same function using a plugin or the environment? I'm seriously considering any alternatives that will keep all my work inside of logic (vs another DAW).

Thanks.

Yeah, I would love to be able to even setup patch templates so that I can load up a patch that is already tweaked and ready to go. But like you said, my trust is gone.

Hey, do you know if there is a way to get the same function using a plugin or the environment? I'm seriously considering any alternatives that will keep all my work inside of logic (vs another DAW).

Thanks.

Hi,

Unfortunately the only solution I could come up with is doing the automation one lane at a time. I'm hoping Apple already knows about the bug and has a fix planned for it in the next release.

• 1 month later...

So far with initial test, fixed in 10.0.7 for me too!

I was able to create stack track, add plugging, set smart controls, save as a patch, then recall the patch with the same settings. I was then able to tweak the parameters, and save and recall ok.I also was able to save the session and recall with the same settings. I used 3rd party VI's and Pluggins. So far, all was fine.