Help! Logic Pro X session stuck on 'loading' AND...!

DJHomeyJemal

Hello,

I've been working with Logic Pro X since it arrived and it seems to have A LOT of bug. First off, it crashes A LOT...especially when using FLEX.

Right now though I am having the problem of certain sessions not opening at all. It gets stuck and hangs up as it's loading the session; both 'Loading the session name' and 'Loading Audio Files' just stay there on the blue line about halfway and won't continue until I force quit. I even try opening earlier versions and it does the same thing.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Please advise and thank you!

JW

Trivial but have you completed the installation with all the additional content?

Providing specs about your system could be helpful, please see Board rule #5. Among other things, which version of Logic X are you using?

Have you updated all your drivers (softwares and hardwares) that Logic X uses? You should update them before launching LPX.

Try booting Logic X without Core Audio:

• Try holding Control right after you start Logic, you'll be able to disable the Core Audio drivers before the project opens. Then you can get rid of any suspicious 3rd party plugs in that project, open the AU manager, etc. And turn Core Audio back on in your audio preferences.

HI Sorry...

I am on an IMac running Mavericks and have the latest updates of both that and Logic Pro X. All hardware and software are up to date including additional content. I have not tried booting without Core Audio though and will do that now. There are so many bugs and crashes it's ridiculous, but this new thing about it just hanging up and sitting there on the blue line 'loading' screen forever and ever just stalls work completely!

HI again....

Booting without Core Audio didn't really help. In fact, the particular sessions that won't open (it's only certain ones) still do the same hang up with 'loading' when I boot LPX holding the Control button. There've been a couple of times if I wait for like a half hour, the session will finally open but when I press play the rainbow wheel just goes and goes and goes. It either stays there or crashes Logic.

I haven't a clue...

HI,

I have the project on a firewire 800 drive. I also dragged it to my computer directly just to try and see if it'd open that way.

Right now I am using a Mackie Onyx while my RME UFX is being fixed, but this happens where the interface is plugged in or whether I try to open Logic without it. No controllers right now plugged in.

Thank you

The project won't even open. It just hangs up loading the session and audio files with the blue bar. If I let it sit there loading for 20-30 minutes, it'll eventually open up to the arrange window but the rainbow wheel instantly starts up, so I can't even save another version, turn anything on or off....nothing! Very odd. Another hangup in the huge array of problems I've been having with LPX.

Hi again

I don't know what that means 'undo steps in logic preferences'. How would I do that if the session won't even open?

I'll try starting a brand new project and importing everything. Interestingly, this session is also the first one where I tried to 'freeze' some tracks to free up CPU space.

So far when I've started a new session and import the aforementioned session into it, all that happens is it tries to load in in (I see the tracks blacked out) but the rainbow wheel spins away.

In terms of 'Undoing Steps in Preferences'; does that have to happen within that particular session? Because if I can't even open it, how can I undo it?

HI again..Yeah that didn't do anything. I reduced the undo steps from 5 to 2 and then tried to relaunch that project and it just hangs there 'loading'.

When I tried again to import the project into a new project, it starts to do it, I see the files coming in and lining up, but again....it just hangs there.

??

So sorry to post that so many times....I didn't see that it had gone over to a second page. I'll try that. I have a feeling it has something to do with tracks being frozen or probably the amount of flex pitch I have going on. I'll try instruments only. I've done a lot of flex pitching already and don't want to do all of that over but I'll try just the instruments and see. Thanks!

I actually got the file to open because I noticed that it always seemed to hang up loading on a particular file. I removed those certain vocal tracks from the folder and it opened! Now I rebounced those vocal tracks in a separate session to do the Flex Pitching and now having problems with that!

Had to spend an hour on Pro App tech support to figure that out above.

Anyway, i Just posted a thread about that one as well....LOTS of bugs in LPX

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue. Though I can always import to a new session, the new one always inherit the same issue. I'm talking about a huge project, that had many, many phases, so the audio bin is pretty loaded, the audio files folder as well. But the mixing board is most using native plugins, by now (cuz I mix in different stages: drums and bass, then guitars and vox, etc). I started that practice recently, to narrow down the work I have to do. So, there's just a limited amount of VSTs. Maybe one or two organs. I noticed also Battery 3. In the Aux channels, the only third party is Guitar Rig. Native Instruments have provided me with countless bugs over the years. Perhaps is that? The session always freezes on load at Logic's native compressor, though. I have nothing connected to the computer, but the interface listed below.

Thank you!

Logic X (Updated)

Apollo Twin Duo (Recent addition)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Yosemite 10.10.04

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB