how many installations allowed?

tommypiper

How many installations of Logic (both 9 and X) are allowed? Is X limited any different from version 9? What was the limitation on version 9?

I have Logic 9 installed on 2 macs and am considering a 3rd. Do I need to uninstall one?

However, I don't believe I ever registered any of the installations online. How does all this work? :?:

I also have Logic X, so far on only 1 Mac.

I believe we have unlimited installations allowed for all Apple software when downloaded through the App Store with the same Apple ID. Is this correct?

Is this how Logic X is being treated?

What about Logic 9? As it's disc-based and not an Apple ID download.

How many installations of Logic (both 9 and X) are allowed? Is X limited any different from version 9? What was the limitation on version 9?

I have Logic 9 installed on 2 macs and am considering a 3rd. Do I need to uninstall one?

However, I don't believe I ever registered any of the installations online. How does all this work? :?:

I also have Logic X, so far on only 1 Mac.

I believe we have unlimited installations allowed for all Apple software when downloaded through the App Store with the same Apple ID. Is this correct?

Is this how Logic X is being treated?

What about Logic 9? As it's disc-based and not an Apple ID download.

Hello,

Logic 9 allowed you to install it on any number of computers (same serial number) but limited you to only being able to run it once on the same network.

Logic X lets you install it on all of your compatible macs and as far as I can tell, doesn't restrict you from running multiple copies on the same network.

Logic 9 allowed you to install it on any number of computers (same serial number) but limited you to only being able to run it once on the same network.

Actually the EULA only allowed you to install it on two computers, one desktop and one laptop, and run it only on one of them.

Logic X lets you install it on all of your compatible macs and as far as I can tell, doesn't restrict you from running multiple copies on the same network.

Correct as long as you're not a business. If you're a business, you need one license for each Mac being used by a customer or employee (so if 3 persons are on one Mac, one license is ok, and if one person uses 3 different Macs, one license is ok, but if 10 persons use 10 Macs then you need 10 licenses).

OK, thanks. So, if I want to install my Logic 9 on a third Mac, should I uninstall on one of the first two? Does Apple keep track? Does it have to be registered to count? Obviously I'd only be running one at a time…

What do people do when they want to sell an older version? Is there an uninstall procedure?