Where is the the Quantize parameter in the Region inspector?

edurbrow

Where is the the Quantize parameter in the Region inspector? In the manual it says: You can quantize regions in the Tracks area by using the Quantize parameter in the Region inspector. Several advanced quantization parameters are also available in the Region inspector for greater control over quantization.

I don't see it.

1685252081_ScreenShot2014-03-18at11_19_13PM.png.800fca24738710c7029e4d5af7447035.png

You can turn on flex and quantize but I believe you want to quantize the regions themselves right?

If that's the case open the Event list and quantize the region start here instead.

I'm probably going about this the wrong way, but the reason I didn't use flex was because I was going chord by chord or phrase by phrase, so I ended up with several soundbites the beginning of which overlapped and cut off the tails of the previous soundbites. It just seemed a lot easier to trim the beginnings, quantize them all and then adjust endings. I do not know why Logic x didn't record these as takes.

I do love the flex mode, but I've never had luck with the first flex point in a region. I want to trim the edge up to the first sound and move the whole region so I can line up that first beat. I think that can't be done while in flex mode and generally I find it very difficult to move the regions and trim them if there are takes. I haven't found the optimal approach yet.

I want to trim the edge up to the first sound and move the whole region so I can line up that first beat. I think that can't be done while in flex mode and generally I find it very difficult to move the regions and trim them if there are takes. I haven't found the optimal approach yet.

The answer is in the second sentence of my previous reply. :D

Use the Event list to quantize the regions themselves.

FWIW you could also use flex in slicing mode to achieve the same thing, but try the Event list method first.

• 6 months later...
You can turn on flex and quantize but I believe you want to quantize the regions themselves right?

If that's the case open the Event list and quantize the region start here instead.

When I open the Event list window, all tracks seem to be there, not just the events I selected.

1269345139_ScreenShot2014-10-13at9_31_41AM.thumb.png.187c205d0cd8ed12c686ea1ed72ef96f.png

I didn't see the events I think because I needed to scroll down.

Now I know how to quantize the audio regions.

It seems to go a lot smoother after converting takes to tracks. Then Slice at Transient Markers is right at the top of the list.

What I don't get, is how to control the Quantize. I don't see the values for strength and so on, only a Q and drop down menu for the note value.

What I don't get, is how to control the Quantize. I don't see the values for strength and so on, only a Q and drop down menu for the note value.

That's all you get in the Event list, no advanced quantize parameters to quantize your region positions in Logic I'm afraid. You'd have to use Flex Time for that.

I see. I think I've finally learned the process of how to cut up and quantize audio. Dare I say this could be a lot easier?

Unpack Takes to tracks

Select audio region

Right click > Slice at transient markers (not really sure if it is necessary to open in Audio Editor and choose Detect Transients. It seems to work the same without doing that)

First have to cut the audio into 32 bar segments

Select audio regions

Open Event List

Choose Quantize resolution

Click Q

Thank you Eric and David for your generous help.

That's why we have Flex Time! That's the "lot easier" technique! :wink:

For most tracks, Flex is what I use, but how do you quantize a whole bunch of events at once in FlexTime? For example, I was working on a bass track. It is monophonic with clear attacks. I want to select all the notes and quantize them in one go, hopefully with strength parameters tweaked. It seems with flex you would have to go through and move each note individually, no?

you can highlight multiple (already chopped) regions and move them to the nearest beat. this is a less complicated way of doing it while avoiding the inspector and event list. any help?

Not sure if there is a way to make it move the transients to a subdivision of "Nearest Beat" i.e. Nearest 1/8th, 1/32, etc