Applying an Environment - LPX Fantom XR

dragonah

LPX, MacBook Pro, Mavericks, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSHD, MOTU MicroLite 5 x 5, Presonus Saffire Pro 40, Fantom XR, Alesis Q88

I have successfully got LPX to record and play using Fantom XR sounds, but I can only access the General MIDI sounds. I have downloaded the Fantom X Environment but as a newbie to LPX I need to know step-by-step instructions on how to load it and how to make it work so I can access all the Fantom XR sounds. Thanks in advance!

Scott

According to the published documentation, the Fantom XR hosts 128 different sounds which could be accessed simply via the 128 program changes numbers. If you intend to use your Fantom XR as a multi instruments, checking the Performance section of the Fantom XR user manual (p.84) could be helpful...

That is true for "performance" mode. I want to use 'preset" mode (I used to have a Fantom X8 and used it this way). There are 1,024 presets and I cannot get to them for some reason through LPX. What I really need to know is how to use the Fantom X Environment so it accesses the sounds. Thanks!

Archived