Crossfade isn't exactly working for me

seanyhang

I'm in the middle of a lesson in David Nahmani's book and I need to crossfade two regions to get rid of a click. I've tried using the fade tool and I've tried Control-shift-dragging in an attempt to create the crossfade but i am instead left with a crossfade-looking-fade at the end of the first region, not overlapping into the second region.. This makes it so that the click is still there.

I understand that my wording may have been confusing so I took a snapshot of what I'm talking about.

cross-fade.thumb.png.e9e7a8beb26d24ced4bffd85bbc01209.png

This happens everytime I try to crossfade (which at this point has been about 500 times..

Thanks in advance for any input!

That's very odd. Have you been following the steps of my exercise very meticulously or have you done things slightly differently? I've never seen this issue before.

Could you do this:

1) Save the project file where you took that screenshot (choose File > Save As, choose the desktop and give it a name).

2) In the Finder, control-click the project file, and choose "Compress..." to get a .zip file.

3) Attach the file here (click Upload Attachment at the bottom of the text editor when you reply to this thread).

I'll have a look for you.

Oh! It's David Nahmani! Haha, I had no idea you were the site admin for this forum.. I love you're book so far!

I followed all the instructions to the T. What ended up working for me after a little over an hour of trying, failing and slamming my head into a wall was to zoom in really close and drag back the second region ever so slightly making a tiny gap in-between regions. After I did that the crossfades started to show up.

Oh! It's David Nahmani! Haha, I had no idea you were the site admin for this forum.. I love you're book so far!

Thanks! Good to hear! :D

I followed all the instructions to the T. What ended up working for me after a little over an hour of trying, failing and slamming my head into a wall was to zoom in really close and drag back the second region ever so slightly making a tiny gap in-between regions. After I did that the crossfades started to show up.

Well I'm sorry to hear, I wonder what could have happened. Just know that you should be able to crossfade two regions bumped against each other - with no gap in between. Don't hesitate to upload the file which gave you the issue if you saved it, I'd love to have a look.

Enjoy, the book and don't hesitate to ask if you get into any other issues, I'll be happy to help.