Song start marker not showing [SOLVED]

lune856

Hi all,

Here are couple of Logic issues I've been having for quite some time. I'd truly appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance

Question1)

Some mysterious behaviour here. I'm trying to start the project from negative value (- 1 1 1 1 ) but can't seem to find my song start marker. It seems like it's disappeared all of a sudden. (Please check attached photo) Any ideas?

1714515578_ScreenShot2014-03-26at2_33_16AM.png.338e6de1dfe8d2db6b679ab9f0b2b4c6.png

Song start marker missing

Question2)

(...)

Question3)

(...)

Again thank you very much in advance.

Question1)

Some mysterious behaviour here. I'm trying to start the project from negative value (- 1 1 1 1 ) but can't seem to find my song start marker. It seems like it's disappeared all of a sudden. (Please check attached photo) Any ideas?

Sometimes the song start marker does not show up. However I strongly recommend you ALWAYS keep your song start marker at its default 1 1 1 1 position. Moving it triggers all sorts of unexpected behaviors in Logic Pro.

As for your other questions, please repost them in new individual threads: only one topic per thread, with a proper title for each thread: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#4) - Thanks!

616839079_ScreenShot2014-03-27at12_23_10AM.png.b89c11fd8e494a33fc3c4074ac6b26de.pngActually I'd like to ask a little more about this. I've read some threads suggesting to start song at 1 1 1 1. The threads said that automation and many other parameters can mess your project if you don't start song at 1 1 1 1.

That said,

I have whole lot of past Logic projects that starts well before 1 1 1 1 but I don't recall having any issues so far. Most of the time I had videos that have a time code embedded and have 5-6 extra seconds before the start of the actual movie. (Please take a look at the attached photo)

For instance if I have 6 seconds of pre-start period I'd usually create 1-2 bars with bpm of 60(or 120) so I can start the project where video (actually) starts. The reason for this is to SYNC THE MEASURE NUMBER WITH MY SCORE. It's extremely painful to have to separate measure number.

Any comments?

Btw, thanks for your help. I've read so many of your threads in the past whenever I had Logic issues.(Ever since I started Logic 8 in 2008) Much thanks to you really.