connecting my roland Tr8 into logic 9

Hi folks. Ive recently acquired a roland tr8 and i am struggling to get it set up within logic 9 to record all the midi. It is via USB but with using external instruments being quite new to me I just cannot seem to suss it out. I can get the Tr8 playing into logic but when i record the midi it doesnt play back. Also when I run my moog minitaur through another midi channel it becomes linked to the tr8 and seems to be getting controlled by the Tr8. totally baffled. Any pointers would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble.

I can get the Tr8 playing into logic but when i record the midi it doesnt play back.

That means the MIDI data is not going out back to the TR8 via the correct port and MIDI channel. if you're using an external MIDI track, make sure to select the corrct port and MIDI channel from Logic's Library pane. If you're using the external instrument plug-in, same deal.

Also when I run my moog minitaur through another midi channel it becomes linked to the tr8 and seems to be getting controlled by the Tr8. totally baffled.

When a track is selected and record enabled, it will receive any MIDI that arrives at Logic's input. If this track is set to output to the Minotaur, the data will reach the Minotaur.

J.