Flex beat matching

Antislam

Hi everyone

Basically I have used Logic 9 for a while and I've now upgraded to Logic X.

I usually use Logic to record my podcast. The first 3 tracks i normally mix together, I used to do this by adding a bpm calculator to channel one where track one is, finding the bpm of the track then I adjusted the master tempo to the same speed of the track, click flex and then polyphonic. Once I done that I could change the master tempo to whatever I wanted and the track would speed up/slow down perfectly with the tempo.

Then I'd repeat the same for track 2 and 3, they would then all be the same speed and I could mix them together as I would a DJ mix.

I do it like this to save time instead of recording them in from my DJ set up.

Now my problem is, I tried to do this last night in Logic X and it doesn't seem to work them same, does anyone know a quick way I can do this that doesn't affect the quality of the WAV. I'm guessing there must be a way. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Logic Pro Help!

What do you mean by "doesn't seem to work them same"?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.6)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.2)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

So in logic 9, if a track was 125 bpm, I'd set the master tempo to 125 and then flex, polyphonic. Then whatever I set the master tempo to the track would change with it (the WAV used to change colour if you change the master tempo up it down) This was great because I could do the same to as many tracks as I want then mix them seamlessly.

I tried doing the same on logic x but the tracks don't change tempo when I change the master tempo, they all stay their original tempo.

I'm sure there is a way to do it, if not il have to head back over to logic 9 which I don't really want to do

Archived