Recorded voice broken up

Newguy716

Using Logic Pro X Flex pitch: I have already bought a external HHD and transferred all my sound banks to that so my internal HHD can spend all it's time writing instead of cache'-ing and then writing in spurts but that's exactly what I think is still happening because even with other tracks turned off and minimum latency being used I still get breaks in my vocal track which is really annoying and renders my vocal tracks useless.

What else do I have to do to separate the read from the write on the hhd to prevent this destructive broken vocals?

1414311097_ScreenShot2014-04-02at9_44_03AM.thumb.png.af5537f02bd3d1af760ad698fdf1c198.png

note the breaks in the sustained vocal

• 2 months later...

As it turns out the glitch is in the M-Audio external sound card. There is a knob which controls the amount of playback from Logic Pro back through the M-Audio box to my monitor speakers. This knob also calls for the plug-ins from Logic Pro to apply. It is these plug-ins that are being called for that create the latency and the gaps in recording.

I now turn this knob all the way down (no sound comes out of the M-Audio box now) so I plug my headphones directly into my MAC headphone jack so I can hear the music track as I sing along with it using M-Audio as the imput source while the MAC headphone jack is the output.

It works, there is no more latency or broken gaps in the vocals when I record them. Hope this helps someone else who has teh same issues.